What is PowerSchool?
PowerSchool is an easy to use, web-based student information system. It is intended to provide students, parents and teachers with a tool to communicate student performance. PowerSchool may be accessed from any device that can connect to the internet.
How do I access the PowerSchool Parent Portal?
There are two ways you can access the parent portal.
- Through the website. Our direct website for the parent portal login page is: https://ssvt.powerschool.com/public/home.html
- Through the PowerSchool Mobile App. The app is available for Apple and Android (Google) devices.
A few things you should know about the mobile app.
You are required to enter a "District Code". Our District Code for South Shore Tech is: CLGC
Also, you cannot access everything from the mobile app. While the mobile app is great for looking up your student's grades and schedule it does not give you access to Forms that are made available through PowerSchool. We recommend that you use the website for full access to PowerSchool.
How do I get a PowerSchool account?
As a parent you need to create your own account. There are a couple steps involved, so we will walk you through them.
After you enter your Parent Account Details, the next step is to link your child's account in the section labeled Link Students to Account. You will need your child's Access ID and Access Password. Due to privacy reasons these are not made readily available. You would have received them on the Parent Portal Instructions Letter. If you need this information you must contact the Guidance Department for this information. The Guidance Dept. can be reached at 781-871-4153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you have multiple children attending you can add up to 7 children at once.
When you have completed both sections click the Enter button.
Adding Additional Students?
You already have a PowerSchool account but now you have a second child attending South Shore Tech. Here are the steps for adding additional students:
You will need your student’s Access ID and Access Password. This was sent home in the Parent Portal Instructions Letter when your student was accepted. If you need this information you must contact your student’s guidance counselor.
- Log into PowerSchool
- From the left side menu, click Account Preferences
- At the top of the Account Preference page you will see two tabs. Click the tab labeled “Students”.
- Click the “Add” button on the right hand side of the page.
- Fill in the Student Name, Access ID, Access Password and Select Relationship, click “Ok”
- You should now see the new student in your list of students.
After a number of unsuccessful attempts you may become locked out of your account. If this happens send an email to email@example.com requesting to have your account unlocked. Please be sure to include your name and students name in the email.