Students will have a 25 minute lunch using the gymnasium and cafeteria (and limited outside capacity weather permitting). Students in their cohorts will eat at assigned desks that are placed 6’ apart. Students will not be allowed to interact with students from other cohorts.
Lunch protocols will be implemented with safety in mind. Such changes include:
- Expanding to five lunches to accommodate approximately 100 students per lunch spread out in the gym and cafeteria.
- There will be no vending machine access or a la carte items for purchase.
- Students will purchase hot or cold prepackaged meals.
- There will be no cash transactions allowed except via the main office in order to put money on a student’s card.
- Desks will be cleaned before each lunch service.
Please Note: Our school breakfast and lunch program is still free to all students for the remainder of the school year.
Parents or Guardians should make sure their child has money in their account to purchase food from the cafeteria. There are two options for depositing money for cafeteria purchases.
- Pay online: www.myschoolbucks.com. The point of sale system charges a convenience fee of $2.95 per deposit transaction. By depositing $50.00 or more your child will be credited with one free lunch to offset the cost of the convenience fee. Parents placing money into multiple accounts will only be assessed one fee per deposit transaction. SST does not profit from the use of this site.
- Cash or Check: Cash or check may be brought to the the front office for deposit into your child’s individual account. Checks are made payable to “South Shore Regional School District”. Please make sure your child’s name is printed clearly on the check to ensure credit. Checks must be brought to the the front office before 10:00AM.
Balances are Non-Refundable
Balances remaining on the meal account at the end of the school year are not refundable but may be carried over to the next school year or to another family member. Parents should plan accordingly.
Seniors must pay all charges prior to graduation.
- Set Low Balance Alert on MySchoolBucks: Get email alerts when you set up a low balance alert. Set the amount you want to be notified. To learn more about setting up low balance alerts, click here.
- Set an autopay end date: If you have enrolled in Autopay, in order to avoid carrying a balance on your myschoolbucks account, specifically for graduating seniors, set an end date sometime in May.
- How we are listed within MySchoolBucks: If you are enrolling your students in the Myschoolbucks Lunch Program, you need to select a district. We are listed as South Shore Regional School.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or retaliation. If you require this information in alternative format (Braille, large print, audiotape) contact the USDA TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice or TDD). To file a complaint alleging discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW,Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll free 866-632-9992. TDD users can contact USDA through local relay or the Federal relay at 800-877-8339 (TDD) or 866-377-8642 (relay voice users.) “USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”